Tascam HD-P2 Portable High-Defintion Stereo Portable Field Recorder
Answering the call of remote recording engineers, the TASCAM HD-P2 Portable High-Definition Stereo Audio Recorder is the professional solution for challenging live and on-location applications. Co-developed with Frontier Design Group, it records at up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution to Compact Flash media, and its audio files are instantly available to DAWs through the built-in high-speed FireWire computer connection. Unlike consumer MP3 sketchpads, the professional HD-P2 incorporates high-end features like a SMPTE timecode input for synchronization to external devices while in record or playback. The user interface is designed for fast and intuitive use under stressful one-take-only situations, and its large, angled LCD is perfect for any application from over-the-shoulder location recording to concert recording and commercial use.
- Stereo recording to Compact Flash media
- 44.1kHz to 192kHz recording resolution at 16- or 24-bit
- Time-stamped Broadcast WAVE file format is easily imported into DAW software and spotted into projects with sample accuracy
- Retake button allows user to re-do last recording with a single button press
- Audio files continually re-saved to safeguard against data loss
- Comprehensive system and transport control from the front panel or a PS/2 keyboard